Suzy is a qualified clay target coach. Australian Competition Level in the Sports Commissions National Coach Accreditation Scheme She is one of only a few people in Australia with an International Sports Shooting Federation Shotgun Coaching License and the only one with a B+ license.
Suzy has represented Australia in six disciplines of clay target shooting – Olympic Trap, Olympic Skeet, Olympic Double Trap, Down the Line, Universal Trench and American Skeet.
Suzy has won Olympic, Commonwealth, World, Oceania and National Titles.
Suzy has coached National Teams at ISSF World Cup and Junior ISSF World Cups, World University Shooting Championships, World University Games and ISSF and DTL Oceania Championships.
Suzy is also employed part time as the Head Coach and National Coaching Director for the Australian Clay Target Association. And as part of her role with the ACTA carries out Coaching Accreditation and also developing shooters through the ACTA Academy.
Coaching can be one on one or up to 12 participants at a time. Video analysis is used for each coaching session to enhance the feedback to clients. You might be a beginner who simply wants to get a head start in the sport or you are an established shooter who just wants to hit a few more targets or improve your technique or even the mental side of your game; then private coaching with Suzy Corry (nee Balogh) may be for you.
PUBLIC GROUP & PRIVATE COACHING
PRIVATE Coaching Rates (licensed shooters only)
@ Cecil Park Clay Target Club
1 hour session $150 pp or 2 people for $225
2 hour session $250 pp or 2 people for $375
(under 18years 25% discount)
The coaching rates above do not include ammunition, range fees, an exclusive range or targets.
CURRENT PRIVATE session availability/book in and purchase:
We do coaching for unlicensed people as well – please get in contact to discuss this pricing.
Suzy will travel to you – however travel expenses and additional time will be charged
Contact Suzy on 0418417943 or email@example.com to discuss your requirements and get a quotation.
PUBLIC GROUP SESSION (must be licensed)
- 2 hour group coaching session.
- MUST be category A Firearm licensed
- DTL will be focussed on … with a bit of skeet and sporting
- Squad of up to 5 shooters.
- Targets are included. Private range – with flexibility. Range fees included.
- Bring your own ammunition or it can be purchased at the range.
- If you do not have your own firearm or safety equipment you can utilise ours.
- Coach will be Suzy Corry OAM (nee Balogh)
- NCAS Competition Coach, ISSF B Coach, ACTA National Coaching Director – Head Coach, Olympic & Commonwealth Gold Medallist
** video and photography will be used for analysis as well as each attendee will receive a written evaluation of skills
NEXT SESSION: Thursday 13th September 10am-12pm
Getting a License
Sydney International Shooting Center offers licensing courses and here is our step-by-step guide to get your firearms license:
- Contact the NSW Firearms Registry (1300 362 562)
Then fill in the Personal Firearms License Application Form as well as the Genuine Reason Form for Sport/Target Shooting and/or Recreational Hunting/Vermin Control.
- Join a Target Shooting Club
In order to satisfy your ‘genuine reason’ for registration, shooters must join a target shooting club.
- Complete the Firearms Safety Training Course
Shooters must also complete Firearms Safety Training. Rifle shooters can book their course at Sydney International Shooting Centre.
- Lodge your Application
Finally, submit your completed application forms to the NSW Firearms Registry and it will generally take 28 days for issue of licence.
The next Firearms Safety Training Course is on:
16th September, 2016 at 4pm at Sydney International Shooting Centre.
Click here to book!
For further information contact:
- Firearms Safety Training Council Limited www.firearmstraining.com.au
- NSW Firearms Registry www.police.nsw.gov.au/services/firearms