$189 per person 1 1/2 hours
From time to time Hitting Targets will have ‘Come have a shot’ Try Shooting Public sessions where people can just come along and join in as individuals or in a small group.
Bookings are always essential, as there is a minimum of 10 participants required for the session to go ahead. Availability varies.
Sessions run for 1 1/2 hours usually within the following time slots:
Saturday & Sunday 10-11:30, 12-1:30, 2-3:30, 3:30-5
Wednesday & Friday NIGHTS 6-7:30 pm 8-9:30 pm
9.30 Meet & Greet, complete any paperwork
10.00 Basic shotgun and range safety, gun selection/fitting & shotgun handling and firing techniques
10.15 Practical shooting instruction and coaching – warm up practice … until the participants get the general hang of it
10.30 Mini Competition
11.00 Pheasant Shoot Off – all or nothing!
11.10 Pairs competition – best pairs team
11.20 “Quick Draw DUEL” – who is the fastest gun?
11.25 Photos & Prize ceremony
- Shoot real 12 gauge shotguns, using live ammunition at moving clay targets whilst being instructed by Olympic Champion Suzy Balogh and/or her staff
- between 35-50 targets are usually shot at over 1 1/2 hours per person.
- Group minimum size 10 people Maximum 16 people
- No experience or license necessary.
- Suitable for beginners to advanced and all fitness levels
- Ages 12+ years (we have had participants male and female, aged from 12 to 89 years so far! we have even had quadriplegics roll on in and break a few clays with our guidance!)
- Participants between 12-18 years need to have a parent or court appointed legal guardian present throughout the session and also have their own photo ID and proof of that guardian/parent relationship.
- Everything you need is supplied – ammunition, targets, use of firearms, hearing and eye protection, safety frames and shooting jackets, range fees, insurance for shooters and spectators and temporary firearms licensing and temporary Shooting Club membership.
- 1 on 1 tuition when shooting – we will stand by you and guide you through each shot.
- Each participant will receive a signed, boxed clay target.
- We endeavour to take photos of each participant shooting and then upload them to our Facebook page for your free downloading.
- To be able to participate you MUST be able to answer “NO” to each of these questions. You will be signing a Police declaration stating this.
To be able to participate you MUST be able to answer “NO” to each of these questions. You will be signing a Police declaration stating this.
a) Been refused or prohibited from holding a firearms licence or permit or had a firearms licence or permit suspended, cancelled or revoked?
b) Been the subject of a Firearms Prohibition Order?
c) Within the last 10 years been convicted of an offence involving firearms, weapons, prohibited drugs, robbery, violence, terrorism or an offence of a sexual nature?
d) Within the last 10 years been the subject of a Family Law or Domestic Violence Order or an Apprehended Violence Order (other than an order that was revoked)?
e) Ever attempted suicide or self harm?
f) In the past 12 months been treated or referred for treatment for alcoholism, drug dependence or a mental illness within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 2007 or as a mentally disordered person within the meaning of that Act?
g) Currently subject to a Good Behaviour Bond?
h) Currently subject to an Interim Apprehended Violence Order?
i) Currently suffering from any mental illness or other disorder that may prevent you from using a firearm safely?
COVID-19 we have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place to do our best to offer a quality service whilst considering your health
*** Our Hitting Targets “TRY CLAY TARGET SHOOTING” vouchers are valid for 36 months from DATE OF PURCHASE